Director, ERP Technologies
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM005296
The Director of ERP Technologies serves as a senior technology leader for MemorialCare’s most critical business systems. They will be key in identifying, evaluating, integrating, and implementing new technologies and advancing business systems technologies to elevate the PeopleSoft and related business systems. This will include the information exchange mechanisms and data service processing capabilities in this key IS services space. They drive actionable insights and solutions using a knowledge of the contemporary digital landscape vision of the organization and the experience of bringing leading technology and process optimization to drive sustainable improvements in business performance. They will look to minimize customization to ensure upgrades and adoption of other integrated systems and services can be upgraded efficiently and with loss risk associated with unintended outcomes.
The Director of ERP Technologies manages a team of PeopleSoft developers in guiding, reviewing and approving their efforts to maintain the key ERP systems, provide for systems enhancements and architecting integration and interoperability opportunities with other IS systems. They work closely with their leader, the Executive Director of ERP Services, operational partners, Information Services leadership, Executive Sponsors and vendors/partners to develop roadmaps to implement new process, services and applications that will likely leverage AI and automation to provide for more efficient ERP workflows and provide for better customer experiences with ERP systems.
The Director of ERP Technologies manages will promote best practices in systems management & monitoring, availability, security, and software development lifecycle (SDLC). They will partner with other IS managers and leaders to ensure the best use of ServiceNow for the review and approval of requests and incidents, using ITIL as a framework for service delivery. They will also build and test quarterly a highly effective audit response reporting program that will provide all audits, internal and external, key information regarding systems access and systems changes in a highly efficient and repeatable manner. In addition, they will identify and implement infrastructure, services and policy & procedures to provide for highly available and quickly recoverable ERP systems and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates professionalism and confidence to be able to regularly interact with senior leadership and executives on strategy, planning and operational execution.
- Functions as an advocate and serves as a positive role model for encouraging others to embrace innovative changes and transformation associated with ERP technologies.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of highly detailed systems Visios, technical documentation of systems configurations, integrations as well as DR plans for ERP systems.
- Continually researching technology opportunities in the space of ERP. Collaborating with other IS team members and key innovation partners such as Olive to take advantage of AI and automation opportunities for the ERP environment.
- Participates with senior leadership to establish strategic goals, plans and objectives. Oversees team project schedule, defines appropriate resources, monitors project schedule, makes adjustments that are within scope of responsibility and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to instigate a “test, learn, iterate” approach to ERP technology adoption across MemorialCare.
- Work with external service partners to identify, prototype and test new products and services, and incorporate their solutions into capabilities to accelerate business systems innovation within MemorialCare
- Fosters positive relationships with business leadership and works closely with them to understand future business plans, elicit functional requirements, and identify and implement technology solutions to support business plans.
- Will ensure ERP development team members are continually learning and retooling to staff current with best systems and approaches to maintaining and enhancing ERP IS technologies.
- Develops staff performance expectations, goals and metrics. Establishes career path goals for each member, performing regular scheduled evaluations and providing guidance in development of those goals.
- Holds responsibility for all aspects of managing and leading a team including hiring, developing staff, managing performance and rewarding employees. Establishes an inclusive and innovative culture where individuals feel valued and thrive, inspiring overall team success and trust.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 10-years’ experience working within healthcare operations and minimum 5 years experience in supporting, maintaining and enhancing ERP systems.
- More than 5 years management and leadership experience
- Proven ability to establish a program for highly successful ERP audit outcomes.
- Experienced in clearly communicating ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences regarding business impacts leveraging narratives, visual storytelling, and lean principles.
- Demonstrated advanced technical fluency, strong analytical skills, and business analytics.
- Proven ability to create a clear strategic vision for information services that supports innovative business and strategic objectives and execute on that vision, in the space of ERP systems.
- Demonstrated team player favoring collaborative approaches; ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships in working with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and maintain flexibility to adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills; including effective problem-solving, with ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Proven established knowledge of a range of vendor technology solutions; able to select and integrate the most appropriate technologies to support MemorialCare.
- Proven partner in vendor affiliations, able to manage multiple relationships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- Developed skills in establishing and implementing long and short-range strategic plans, multi-year budgeting and re-forecasting, organizing operations, and general fiscal management
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency in teambuilding, conflict resolution, and group interaction; proven ability to manage and coordinate individuals with different professional training, skill sets, and personalities.
- Proven effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; proficiency in translating complex concepts.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, able to validate data and information for accuracy, relevancy and timeliness
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."