Discharge Planner, Care Coordination - Per Diem/Days
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: ORA003474
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Orange Coast Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Orange Coast Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
The position is accountable for the coordination and execution of an appropriate and timely discharge plan for a designated caseload of patients. The discharge planner, under the direction of the Care Manager and order of the physician, collaborates with the patient/family/significant other and members of the health care team, to ensure a safe and effective transition through the continuum of care.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of discharge planning experience in an Acute Hospital or Skilled Nursing Facility is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, and mobilize community resources efficiently, is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a commitment to provide excellent customer service is essential.
- Minimum of an Associate degree required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Health Sciences, or licensure as an LVN preferred
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card
- Healthcare related Certificate preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."