Mammographer, Breast Center Huntington Beach - FT/Days (8hr) **$3,500 sign-on**
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA003457
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Under general supervision, performs all routine screening and diagnostic mammography procedure within the scope of the Breast Center, including breast ultrasound, ultrasound guided cyst aspirations and core biopsies, localization and galactography procedures, and the required MQSA, Quality Control procedures.
As stated in The Hospital’s “Age Specific Policy,” the Radiologic Technologist must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age of the customers served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. He or she must be able to assess and interpret data about the customer’s status in order to identify each person’s age-specific needs and provide the service needed by the geriatric, adult, adolescent, child, and neonatal patient population.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Demonstrates the ability to competently perform mammograms and breast ultrasound according to ACR positioning and imaging protocols.
- Completes all assigned imaging procedures in accordance with department standards.
- Utilizes computer system to accurately document and update patient information.
- Communicates effectively with the Breast Center Director, supervisor and radiologists.
- Demonstrates proficiency in order entry in Radiant, begins and ends procedures, is proficient in changing or cancelling orders.
- Provides patient care in a timely manner and is conscientious of patient wait times, consistently provides a standard of care that is compassionate and sensitive to breast imaging.
- 2 years’ experience in all areas where routine screening and diagnostic mammography is performed.
- Tomosynthesis experience is required
- Strong Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and Mammography Reporting System experience preferred.
- CRT (M)(Radiology/Mammography) required
- ARRT Certification (M)(Radiology/Mammography) required
- American Heart Association BLS (CPR for Health Care Provider) required
- Current continuing education required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."