Manager, Hospitalist Program- Hybrid Position
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM005288
Under minimal supervision and in a professional, friendly and collaborative manner, The Manager of Memorial Care Medical Foundation’s (MCMF) Hospitalist program performs assigned duties to include: management and oversight to all operations within the hospitalist program including program infrastructure, outcomes and growth initiatives. In addition, will require frequent, sound, critical thinking and independent judgment to ensure that the program goals are aligned with and supported to those of both clinical and administrative needs. This position is vital to ensure all aspects within the Hospitalist program are in place and in accordance to any/all compliance and reporting requirements. This employee holds themselves to the highest level of service and alignment to the Medical Director of MCMF Hospitalist Program and Senior leadership within Memorial Care’s Medical Foundation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and activities of the hospitalist program and initiatives align thru Memorial Care’s bold goals and commitment to quality care. These include:
- Assurance that the hospitalist program and initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness consistent with the strategic vision, scope and mission of MemorialCare.
- Collect and summarize quality improvement data and report findings and outcomes to leadership in a timely manner, using a standardized format.
- Collaborate with and represent Memorial Care Foundation and providers professionally and via internal and external stakeholders involved in the hospitalist programs and initiatives.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the identification, collection, analysis and reporting of hospitalist related data and information.
- Evaluates the impact that systems improvements have on the organization’s ability to provide quality care.
- Participates in strategic planning and provides leadership for hospitalist development.
- Performs internal investigations and root cause analyses to identify patterns and trends for gaps to outcomes and with the Collaborates with the Hospitalist Medical Director with the goal of preventing liability, and identifies and implements corrective action plans to avoid reoccurrences.
- Operational oversight to all aspects of the Hospitalist Program and staff within assigned area including:
- Coordinates education, physician mentoring, dashboards, and performances improvement initiatives.
- Day to day operations and management of the Hospitalist Administrative Specialist including recruitment, coaching, training, annual review and employee engagement.
- Generates daily Utilization Management reports to include Medicare Advantage, Commercial, and SNF.
- Generates weekly and monthly reports for the Inpatient Service including but not limited to utilization, performance (HCC, patient satisfaction, discharge, etc.), quality, and budget.
- Generates monthly performance reports for programs of Inpatient Service including but not limited to Supportive Home Care.
- Manages payroll schedules, budgets, supports hospitalist recruitment, daily and weekly hospitalists schedules including cross coverage, weekends and holidays, hospital credentialing, licensure, marketing, patient and hospital education meetings and follow up.
- Provides Project Management Support to Medical Director for expansion of services, programs, and infrastructure as needed.
- Consistently and reliably communicates with Medical Director of Inpatient Service to ensure that all functions, operations, projects and data reporting and so forth of Inpatient Service are functioning at highest level.
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- “Other duties as assigned”
- Minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing a program or practice, to include oversight of complex, fast paced programs, time sensitive data reporting and administrative support.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal. Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, leaders and members of various departments.
- Project management experience to include managing multiple projects, timelines and coordination with various departments, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent years of experience and education
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."