Physician Billing Supervisor (Payment Posting)
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM004600
The Supervisor of Physician Billing is responsible for working patient accounts and monitoring the members of the Physician Billing department while setting a positive example for the team.Supports the leadership team in meeting the vision and strategic direction of the department and organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Provide professional and courteous service to all customers
- Maintain clean, well-organized, properly stocked and secure working area.
- Maintain complete patient/employer confidentiality at all times per company and HIPAA requirements
- Perform job functions in accordance with current departmental Standards, Polices and Procedures
- Demonstrate support of the department by assisting the team, appropriating work and providing/monitoring training as needed
- Attend and participate in mandatory meetings
- Accommodate changes in workload within the department
- Inform leadership when problems may interfere with work being completed on time
- Use initiative to resolve problems with appropriate action and follow through
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directive
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
Essential Job Outcomes
- Supervise daily operations of Physician Billing Services team in order to ensure appropriate assignments, production and quality.
- Perform supervisory review of the assigned team(s) tasks, including quality and productivity.
- Assist with all other development of job standards.
- When appropriate assist with PTO requests and all timekeeping duties.
- Motivate team members to consistently improve and excel.
- Assist with staffing, including but not limited to hiring, disciplinary actions and individual and team meetings.
- Participate in process improvement.
- 'Other duties as assigned'
- High School or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in patient account billing and collections; with two (2) years' of supervisory experience.
- General computer skills, Excel, and Word including the ability to use the internet and learn other computer applications.
- Professionalism, good judgment and time management skills required.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- General knowledge of medical terminology and ICD10 coding.
- Working knowledge of general medical office procedures required.
- Working knowledge of legal aspects of patient and insurance collections.
- 40 WPM typing, verifiable
- 10 key by touch
- Must have good listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Preferred CPC or CCS but not mandatory
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."