Pro Fee Oncology Coder-Remote (Must be based in CA)
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM006599
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
Under the direction of the Manager, Coding Compliance, the OP Ancillary/Physician Coder will play a key role in reviewing and analyzing billing and coding for processing.This role will be responsible for reviewing and accurately coding office, hospital, and surgical procedures for reimbursement. The OP Ancillary/Physician Coder will also be committed to ensuring accurate and compliant medical coding for both inpatient and outpatient services, diagnostic tests, and other medical services rendered to each patient.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in Epic software
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the health care revenue cycle
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate information accurately and clearly
- Provide excellent customer service
- The ability to manage interpersonal relationships and effectively communicate with clinical partners and fellow business center teams
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic, honest, and dependable
- Collaborative team player with the ability to adapt to the ever-changing healthcare environment
- Professional demeanor and appearance at all times
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Maintain a safe and orderly work area
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Personal time management skills – the ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask
- Ability to be at work and be on time
- Follow company and department policies, procedures, and directives
Pay Range: $28.89-$41.90
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Minimum 3-years’ experience working in a hospital or physician’s office as a medical coder and interacting with physicians;
- Expert knowledge of ICD10, CPT and HCPCS
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Epic software experience highly desired
- Proficient Microsoft skills
- High School diploma or GED required;
- CPC, CCS or equivalent certification required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."