Supply Chain Analyst
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: MEM004584
The Supply Chain Analyst participates in the cost-effective strategic sourcing of equipment, supplies, pharmaceuticals, and services from acquisition through disposition in accordance with MHS policy and procedures, contracting strategy and MHS goals. Under the guidance of Director, Procurement, the Supply Chain Analyst has responsibility for item master integrity and maintenance; review, analysis and maintenance of contract prices, taxes, terms and conditions, and other related invoice charges; validation in MMIS to ensure integrity of information used in cost/benefit analysis and vendor profiles to achieve financial savings and support contracting decisions.
- Creates, improves role/team standard work that supports MHS policy, supply chain principles, and contracting strategy ensuring accurate, comprehensive, efficient item master contract loading, integrity maintenance improvements.
- Maintain price accuracy of greater than 95% with Prime Distributor. Maintains item setup, maintenance, and item duplications and deletions for inventory and non-inventory products including standardization of units of measure and item descriptions.
- Evaluates contracts for opportunities to improve terms and reduce expenses; recommends contract changes (manufacturer/distributor).
- Coordinate freight management reconciliation and system maintenance and update monthly reporting including trend chart for freight by mode.
- Effectively resolve invoice to purchase order variances and match exceptions to target performance.
- Ensures appropriate, accurate, and efficient contract validation,
- Coordinates product conversions with facility, distributor, buyers, contract administrators and strategic sourcing team.
- Conducts root cause analysis and effectively problem-solves with all involved and/or all impacted stakeholders.
- Ensures all systems and Purchasing and Inventory Control applications are compatible with, and supportive of, the overall information needs of MHS, and remain consistent with the installed base of information systems and in compliance with established architectural standards.
- Maintains item setup, maintenance, and item duplications and deletions for inventory and non-inventory products including standardization of units of measure and item descriptions.
- Minimum three years of relevant knowledge and experience with finance, purchasing, contracting, and contract analysis
- Experience and proficiency with ERP and/or MMIS systems, PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Advanced level proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing and database applications
- Experience with project management, analytical, logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated English grammar, spelling and internal/external business-level correspondence proficiency
- Requires exceptional poise and tact in presenting and interpreting information in clear, concise and understandable manner
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math or statistics required; equivalent experience may be considered
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Related and/or Lean certification preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."