Surgical Technician III, Cardiac Surgery, FT/Days (80hrs) Orange Coast **Eligible for a sign-on**
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Job Listing: ORA003432
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Surgical Technologist III is responsible for providing surgical assistance in a safe, appropriate and effective manner under the direction of a Registered Nurse/MD, in compliance with the Surgical Technologist standards of practice. It is not within the scope of practice of the Surgical Technologist to perform beyond their stated scope of practice (e.g. assessment, evaluation of patient data, administration of medications), even when requested by a Surgeon. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to provision of availability/maintenance of instruments, adherence to aseptic technique, advanced knowledge of surgical procedures and support to patient flow within department. Provides support and communicates directly with surgical team and supervisory staff. The Surgical Technologist must use effective oral communication and participate in aspects of documentation. In addition, the Surgical Technologist collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Assist the surgeons with performing invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures
- Provides patient care to the patient undergoing surgical procedures under the direction of an RN/Physician
- Perform all aspects of surgical techniques/procedures including Cardiovascular procedures
- Applies the principle of asepsis in a knowledgeable manner to provide quality patient care
- Possesses knowledge / skills in all surgical procedures and demonstrates ability to safely and completely use equipment / supplies in the performance of assignment
- Possesses knowledge and skills of job specific competencies in the operating room
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $35.12 - $50.94
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- Minimum of (2) two years surgical technologist experience required
- Completion of Surgical Technologist program required
- Computer, internet, order entry and word processing experience preferred
- Proficient in medical terminology
- Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support Card required
- American Surgical Technologists (AST) certification required
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."