Occupational Med Client Svc - FT/Days - Huntington Beach
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Job Listing: MEM006454
Position Summary Responsible for the clerical occupational medicine duties in support of all clients as assigned utilizing the five (5) Simply Better steps with every patient and team member interaction.
Essential Job Outcomes
- Provide excellent customer service for patients, employer accounts and carriers. Assures prompt and courteous handling of all telephone phone calls. Responds promptly to inquiries regarding referrals, work status, authorizations, appointments, etc.
- Provide case management services in coordination with the Practice Manager and Leads.
- Follows-up on RFA’s with carriers/TPAs/NCMs every 3 days, documents case management notes in Agility/Epic, in real time.
- Reports health screening results to employer accounts in a timely manner. Provides prompt communications regarding work status and notification of missed appointments to adjustors/employers. Client Service Rep. – Occ. Medicine 3
- Add/Schedule patients according to requested services. Confirm services on authorizations or calls for clarification.
- Perform clerical duties of moderate scope and complexity. Duties may include confirming authorizations; documenting client/supervisor name, phone number and insurance information.
- Organize and files all pertinent client/patient documents.
- Gather reports of outside physician MRO/Medical Director hours worked to assist PSB with billing applicable physician time/services rendered outside of clinic.
- Communicates and provides report of appropriate patient and appointment information.
- Establish detailed Worker’s Compensation account protocols that easily identify specific employer requirements.
- Maintain all employer account health screening records and retention per protocol.
- Educate other departments and staff on Worker’s Compensation screening processes.
- Identify improvement opportunities, implement countermeasures and escalate to appropriate management resource as needed.
- Receive, file, sort, and distribute all incoming and outgoing materials appropriately.
- Perform any additional or miscellaneous duties as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge and ability.
- “Other duties as assigned”.
Pay Range: $20.00 - $27.00
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
• One (1) year minimum of Customer Service in any field preferred.
• Prior Occupational Medicine or medical office experience preferred.
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Medical Terminology Certificate preferred.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."