Front Office Assistant, Irvine - Per Diem
Location: Irvine, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: MEM004468
- Greets and registers patients' timely, updating demographic information in a polite and helpful manner.Manages the patient flow to accommodate the provider's flow and productivity expectations.
- Demonstrates proper cash handling procedures and accuracy in collecting and receipting co pays and deductibles. Collect patient payments and balances per office protocols.
- Exhibits the ability to understand and explain most insurance and billing questions as it pertains to the patient's coverage and co-payment.
- Reviews all visits on a daily basis, auditing for any discrepancies, i.e. missing charges, diagnoses, and other services.
- Exhibits knowledge of essential reports from the Practice Management system pertaining to the specific position.
- Receives incoming telephone calls; documents messages appropriately in the correct templates or other office formats.
- Follows all office-specific protocols pertaining to telephone triage; utilizes approved guidelines for medical advice given and appropriate follow up timeframes (if applicable).
- Practices customer service skills in all encounters with the patients, physicians and staff.
- Follows office protocols for scheduling in the Practice Management system; conducts patient interactions in a way that protects patient's right to privacy.Follows and implements all HIPAA requirements.
- Scans, files, maintain records/logs and/or assists with office supply ordering and/or distribution for efficient Front Office operation.Completes patient forms and requests for records in the required timeframe and keeps Practice Manager apprised of any delays in meeting the requirement.
- Performs other duties as assigned; accepts additional responsibilities when requested to do so.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the medical office.
- General clerical skills to include typing, filing, scanning and calculator use.
- Computer experience required.
- Medical office experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.
- Electronic medical records experience preferred (NEXTGEN a plus.)
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."