Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
This position will be responsible for the care of patients requiring an attending physician while on hospice service. The NP care will be coordinated with the Hospice Medical Director. The NP is defined as an RN who is permitted to perform such services as legally authorized to perform under the review and signature of the Hospice Medical Director in accordance with the CA state law and regulatory mechanisms. Medical services provided must be reasonable and necessary, be included in the plan of care and must be services that, in the absence of the NP would be performed by a Hospice Physician.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Assesses present and potential needs of patient and family
- Review Plan of Care with patient, family, physician, IDT and evaluate and/or modify as needed
- Provides leadership in care coordination at IDT, demonstrating expertise in the function of a Nurse Practitioner
- Complete all Face to Face and recertification visits for hospice and Palliative care as well as documentation in a timely manner per Medicare standards
- Manage symptoms and teach patient/family care management
- Consults with specialist and PCP
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
Essential Job Outcomes:
- Provides leadership in care coordination, communication to all team members
- Attends IDT meetings regularly with F2F documentation completed
- Demonstrates continuous development of clinical expertise and current knowledge of hospice process
- Demonstrates expertise in the function of a nurse practitioner
- Supervise and teach patient and care providers in disease process, treatment plan and comfort measures. Evaluate patient, family & caregiver comprehension and response to treatment plan and modify as needed for both hospice and palliative patients and families.
- Provide direct nursing measures, appropriate, effective symptom management, documents interventions, including medication orders and physician interaction as appropriate
- Documents pertinent information clearly, accurately and timely according to Hospice and Palliative standards; communicates with Case Manager prior to IDT meeting for recertification’s
- Development of Palliative Care NP program
- Minimum 3 year’s relevant experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting. Home Health, Oncology, and/or Hospice experience preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills; good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to relate to a
- variety of health professionals in different settings
- EMR experience
- Current RN license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- Current Nurse Practitioner Certification in the state of CA, DEA
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association
- Hospice and Palliative Care Certification preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.