Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with our core values: Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion and Synergy. The employee shall support Saddleback Medical Center’s strategic plan and participate in and advocate performance improvement/patient safety activities.
To provide intermittent visits to the terminally ill patient and family, providing symptom management, and teaching to maximize quality of life. Coordinates the efforts of the team, including medical, nursing and psychosocial support to provide appropriate care as the patient transitions to the end of life. This position is for North Orange County and LA areas
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
1 . Observations, examination and interview; assess environment and patient support systems to determine Physical, spiritual, and psychosocial assessment of present and potential needs through appropriateness for Hospice and Palliative Care.
2. Establish Care Plan with patient, family, physician, IDT, and establish realistic goals to ensure continuity and quality of care
3. Supervise and teach patient and care providers in disease process, treatment plan and comfort measures; provide direct nursing measures
4. Evaluate level of comprehension, response to treatment plan and modify as needed
5. Attend and participate in Interdisciplinary team conferences to facilitate quality palliative care and utilization of resources
6. Documents pertinent information clearly and accurately, according to Hospice guidelines. Demonstrates leadership in professional activities; participates in meeting, committees and in-services to promote agency development and personal growth
7. Be at work and be on time
8. Follow company policies, procedures and directives
9. Interact in a positive and constructive manner
10. Ability to interact in a positive and constructive manner
11. Ability to prioritize and multitas
- Minimum 1- 2 years as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting.
- Home Health, Oncology, and/or Hospice experience preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills; good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to relate to a variety of health professionals in different settings
- EMR experience preferred
- Current RN license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing required
- BSN preferred
- BLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- Hospice and Palliative Care Certification preferred
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.