Join a team of caring, compassionate Nurses at MemorialCare whose dedication has earned them the highly coveted Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing and patient care across all of our facilities. The Registered Nurse provides a high level of professionalism, compassion and commitment to our patients by providing safe, efficient patient care through the health experience. MemorialCare Nurses exude the highest standards for nursing excellence, quality patient care, professional innovation and inter-professional collaboration.
- Full-Time, Part-Time, Per-Diem
- Southern California
- Level: Mid, Senior
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful RN at MemorialCare? Check out the traits below to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I’ve worked at Long Beach Medical Center for almost 20 years, the majority of which has been spent as a bedside RN. With the support of the organization I was able to attain my Bachelor’s and then Master’s Degree by participating in the Tuition Reimbursement program. I’ve always felt one of the best things about Nursing is that I learn something new almost every day. I recently became a Clinical Educator and am finding it incredibly rewarding to not only facilitate education for others, but to continue building my own knowledge base with each new opportunity. These hallways have seen me say goodbye to loved ones, hold my baby for the first time, make life-long friends, and advance my career. My heart is where my home is, and my home is here!"
- To improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities.
- Exceptional People.
- Extraordinary Care.
- Every Time.
Medical, Dental and Vision plans (HMO & PPO) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Health and Wellness Programs
MemorialCare is committed to providing an environment and culture that empowers its employees to maintain or improve well-being through our nationally recognized "Good Life" program.
Employer Matching 401(K)
MemorialCare is committed to your financial success and provides the 401(k) Plan to help you save for retirement.
MemorialCare encourages and supports the professional growth of its employees by providing financial assistance to further their education.
Paid Time Off
A fully integrated PTO plan which includes; vacation, sick leave, holidays & personal days.
Life and Disability Insurance
Basic Life/AD&D is an employer paid benefit that is offered to Full-Time employees.
Position Summary Utilizing the nursing process and clinical nursing practice standards, the RN is responsible for directing, coordinating nursing care for patients in accordance with clinical policies and procedures. Responsibilities include directing unlicensed team member activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/interventions, teaching patients/family, implementation of plan of care and orders, and evaluation of care rendered.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Must have the ability, skill-set, qualifications, education, and licensure that are required for all the responsibilities this position must cover.
- Must excel in communication (written & verbal), customer service and can work independently or as part of a team.
- Must excel in prioritization, organization and multi-tasking while demonstrating attention to detail and follow through.
- Can utilize critical thinking skills to identify issues, problem solve to logical conclusion, demonstrate initiative, and be responsible.
- Utilize the nursing process and practice standards as a framework for the management of patient care.
- Analyze the assessment data to determine appropriate interventions.
- Formulate a teaching plan based on identified patient learning need and evaluate effectiveness of learning that includes family and/or caregiver(s) as necessary.
- Be at work and be on time.
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives.
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner.
- Prioritize and multitask.
• Prior nursing experience in an ambulatory care environment preferred.
• AA or BA or BSN required.
• Current California RN License required.
• Current BLS for Healthcare Providers required.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.