Location: Long Beach, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: LON008853
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Health Care. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Chaplain PD provides spiritual and emotional support to patients, families and staff to assist them in their task of adjusting to spiritual and emotional issues related to illness, lifestyle changes, death and dying, in the Spiritual Care department at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center/Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach. These services are accompanied through visitation, a ministry of hospitality, crisis intervention, consultation on ethical issues, and on call coverage as requested. Integrates theological education and practice in caring for patients, families, and staff of all faiths/cultures in the medical setting.
- 1+ years of clinical experience providing spiritual care in a healthcare setting or pastoral care ministry.
- Evidence of ability to minister in a cross-cultural setting.
- Provide documentation of current ecclesiastical endorsement/good standing by a major religious affiliation for specialized ministry in accordance with his or her faith tradition.
- Ordained, Licensed, Commissioned or Consecrated Minister (or in process).
- A Bachelor's Degree in related field; Masters of Divinity (MDiv) (or equivalency/or in process), or a Master's of Theology Degree (or in process) from accredited theological seminary is preferred.
- 1 unit of Clinical Pastoral Education/CPE.
- Member in good standing in ACPE, NACC, NAJC, APC or CPSP, Board Certified or in process of being certified, is preferred.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."