Director, Business Operations OPSC
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: MIL002182
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Care Associates and office staff for MCH OPSC Departments as it relates to the business operations for the centers. The Director of OPSC Business Operations will also partner with the Clinical Ops Team including nursing staff and physicians regarding the processes and documentation for exceptional customer/patient services as well as thorough clinical documentation supporting regulatory and fiscal requirements. The Business Ops Director is responsible for creating and implementing a coordinated scheduling system through Epic as well as implement technologies to support the overall patient experience. By developing, training and implementing enhanced and new technologies and processes, there will be a direct correlation with improved revenue and decreased write-offs for OPSC. This role will work directly with the compliance team and patient financial services for successful initial billing practices and decrease of appeals and denials. The Director of OPSC Business Operations will create standard work and audit tools to support optimal the business aspects of the clinic operations. The Director will create and review operational reports regarding billing, optimal scheduling, late cancellations and insurance appeals and denials. These reports will serve as key tools for the Director to identify patterns and implement change to support best practice in the business operations for OPSC. The Director of Business Operations will be the leader in the development and implementation of efficient and complete processes to meet the target for an improved budget for OPSC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads in the design and direction of Miller Children’s Village for consolidated specialty centers, meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
- Design and implement training and tools to support daily review of standard work and work queues for registration, eligibility, scheduling and authorizations to reinforce standard work, timeline requirements and quality processes.
- Oversee staff regarding their work and outcomes supporting integrated scheduling and optimal billing results.
- Develop and implement audit tools in conjunction with the campus CFO and Corporate Audit to identify individual staff and department patterns as it relates to optimal business operations for OPSC.
- Coaches and/or counsels’ staff to meet or exceed performance expectations to support the OPSC business.
- Works directly with physicians representing all specialties as well as third party billing to meet regulatory and fiscal requirements for clinical documentation and billing.
- Serves as an OPSC/Miller’s leader PFS and actively participates in the analysis and recommendations for OPSC at it relates to external vs. internal billing services. Identify gaps in collections and implement processes and tools to eliminate billing errors.
- Serves as an expert leader in OPSC business models to assist in the audit process regarding compliance and revenue
- Develop and implement standard work regarding clinical research conducted in OPSC to meet costs associated with a patient in a research study and IRB requirements.
- Works with and implements a process for physicians, department and Foundation regarding documentation and billing for philanthropic grants.
- Leads the Navigation Center project for OPSC to improve the patient experience and refine process. Continues to work on patient indicators such as no-show rates, amazing scheduling and access indicators.
- Monthly reporting metrics are reviewed with executive director monthly to determine strategic alignment and opportunities for improvement in areas of impact such as scheduling, appointments, access, authorizations, revenue cycle and WQ errors
- Minimum of 7 years of experience required.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and billing requirements.
- Must be comfortable utilizing electronic medical records.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical skills and the development and implementation of project plans.
- Complex budget management experience required.
- Lean Management or Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Experience with direct supervision of staff excellent written and verbal communications required. Proven ability to work and communicate with physicians and key executive leaders.
- RN preferred but not required– MSN, MHA or MBA with experience in ambulatory care required.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."