Endoscopy Technician, GI Services -FT/Days
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON006668
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
Under general supervision, is responsible for the trouble shooting, maintenance of all equipment in the Endoscopy Labs, and proper processing of endoscopes (cleansing and disinfection). Under direction of the RN or physician, assists in diagnostic procedures and collecting data for objective assessment to identify patient needs, problems, or concerns. Additional duties may include, management of linen, supply inventory, transporting of patients, assisting physicians and clerical duties.
The position requires the full understanding of and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Long Beach Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support Long Beach Medical Center's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
- Demonstrate respect for patient's right to personal dignity and their cultural, psychosocial and spiritual values. Promotes the medical centers vision and value statements by performing all duties with respect to the hospitals responsibilities under the law.
- Demonstrates the expertise to safely and competently perform the cleaning, inspection and maintenance of all endoscopes, and other lab equipment according to departmental policy, infection control policies and manufacturer's guidelines.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in the safe use of gluteraldehyde and accurate operation and use of scope reprocessor and manual reprocessing. Demonstrates the ability to work with speed and efficiency while maintaining a safe environment.
- Participate in efforts to improve the performance of the department and organization. Provides manager and other clinical leaders with information on issues that pertain to patient safety, opportunities to improve outcomes in test procedure, and improvements in systems and processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with all health team members and customers promoting a positive image.
- Applies knowledge of policies and procedures designed to provide a cost conscious, safe, functional, and effective environment for patients, staff, and other individuals in the hospital.
- Follow policies for safety, fire, hazardous materials, infection control, and medical devices.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining and renewing required certifications, continuing education, basic life-support certification, and required in-house education.
- Serves as a preceptor and role model for new personnel and students/fellows in training.
- Assumes responsibility to continue personal improvement in knowledge and competency.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Endoscopy Technician
- Physical Demands include but are not limited too:
Ability to be able to perform standing, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting for frequent
and prolonged periods.
Ability to push, pull and lift a minimum of 100 + lbs.
- Computer Literacy
- Good grooming and a neat appearance.
- Good auditory, visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, fluently
- High School Diploma or equivalency or evidence of higher education required.
- Current BCLS-Healthcare Provider
- Successfully completes hospital, department and unit-based orientation
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."