Infection Control Professional, Infection Control - FT/Days (8hr)
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON007069
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Infection Control Professional is responsible for specified areas of the medical center with responsibility for infection control surveillance, prevention and control.This position is responsible for data collection, analysis, and reporting findings to the Director and designated committees.In addition, this position is responsible for infection control education for new hires and staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Directs the development of infection control policies and procedures to ensure they comply with all regulatory requirements
- Coordinates initial and on-going department specific and facility wide educational programs related to infection control and prevention.
- Plans and coordinates a monitoring program to evaluate all aseptic, isolation, sanitation and sterilization techniques employed at the facility.
- Collaborates with and makes recommendations to the department and division heads to eliminate potential infection hazards and to initiate corrective action as indicated through infection surveillance and monitoring programs.
- Participates, included report preparation and presentation of data, in infection control committees.
- Reports on all infection control issues and other identified hospital outbreaks of infection or diseases to the local health department, local agencies, and the Center for Disease Control.
- Plans, directs and supervises epidemiologic investigations of all significant clusters of infection.
- Collaborates with Employee Health department in implementation and maintenance of employee infection surveillance and immunization programs.
- Serves as an expert to advise personnel on patient isolation and treatment of infectious disease processes during routine rounds and as needed.
- Collects, analyses, and collates data accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience in Infection Control or Hospital Epidemiology; 2 of those years must be in the acute care setting.
- A Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology, Nursing or healthcare related field.
- Certified in Infection Control, required.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."