Patient Services Technician, Observation Care - Adult, Full-Time, Days (12hrs)
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON009553
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees.Memorial Care stands for excellence in Health Care.Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability.Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Patient Services Technician provides support services for the Observation Care - Adult at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, primarily through assistance with clerical duties. This position reports at all times to a supervisor nurse. The Patient Services Technician independently seeks to identify and resolve questions and concerns from patients and their families, initiating contact with caregivers whenever appropriate. At all times he/she aims to ensure patient safety, comfort, and satisfaction.
- 1+ years of prior healthcare work experience is preferred, especially in medical technology or clerical areas within an acute care hospital.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills in a MS Windows environment including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Completion of a medical terminology course may be required.
- A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR & AED) certification is required.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."