Radiologic Tech w/CT exp - FT/Nights (8hr) - Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, California
Job Listing: LON009485
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Under the direction of a radiologist, this position is responsible for providing safe and cost-effective patient care at the MemorialCare Imaging Center. The Radiologic Technician operates specialized imaging equipment including angiography, Computerized Axial Tomography, Breast Ultrasonography and Mammography equipment, at proficient levels and functions under minimal supervision. The position performs duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures applying ionizing radiation on both pediatric and adult patients.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Identifies the appropriate tests to be performed. Produces high quality radiographs in a reasonable amount of time to provide the radiologist and patient’s physician with accurate and useful medical information. Administers safe contrast media.
- Evaluates and attends to patient’s physical and emotional needs before, during and after exams to ensure proper patient care and a positive examination experience.
- Prepares equipment for procedures and ensures cleanliness of exam area and equipment.
- Maintains accurate record-keeping and clerical duties as required for each exam to meet departmental and Joint Commission requirements. Accurately records all procedures and pertinent information to ensure accurate billing.
- Utilizes RIS and related interfaces as appropriate to contribute to the integration and success of automated patient care goals.
- Participates and contributes in patient flow process to ensure that patients are seen in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assists with training of Radiology Technologist students and new Radiology Technologist personnel to provide quality education, instruction and orientation to the Radiology Department.
- Supports physician relationships and partnerships by maintaining clear communication and timely follow-up. Provides additional information on x-ray requests to assist radiologist in dictating all necessary findings for exams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $42.00/hr - $61.00/hr
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- 3+ years of experience in CT special procedures.
- 2+ years of continuous full time Radiologic Technician experience.
- Ability to work independently and maintain high standards of accountability.
- Ability to delegate and provide direction through demonstrated leadership and training.
- Graduate from a Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA), Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) and American Medical Association (AMA) approved school of radiologic technology.
- Current licensure required for specific area including CRT, Fluoroscopy, or Mammography.
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiologic technology training in AMA approved school.
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and certified by the State of California Bureau of Radiological Health.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."