Radiologic Technologist - Per Diem/Varies (8hr) - Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, California
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: Per Diem
Job Listing: LON009108
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Radiologic Technologist Per Diem is responsible for performing diagnostic radiology procedures in a variety of clinical settings. In this role, the Radiologic Technologist positions patients and adjusts equipment for proper exposure and for digital image processing. The Radiologic Technologist records pertinent information pertaining to the production of the radiograph/scan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Performs imaging procedures of diagnostically acceptable quality to fulfill guidelines of department protocol
- Assists with training of Radiologic Technology students and new Radiologic Technology personnel to provide quality education, instruction, and orientation to the Radiology Department.
- Utilizes Radiology Information Systems and related interfaces as appropriate for job responsibilities to contribute to integration and success of automated patient care goals.
- Participates in patient flow process to ensure that patients are seen in a timely and medically efficient manner.
- Maintains accurate record-keeping and clerical duties required for each exam to conform with requirements and accurate billing procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate: $41.00/hr
Placement in the pay range is based on multiple factors including, but not limited to, relevant years of experience and qualifications. In addition to base pay, there may be additional compensation available for this role, including but not limited to, shift differentials, extra shift incentives, and bonus opportunities. Health and wellness is our passion at MemorialCare—that includes taking good care of employees and their dependents. We offer high quality health insurance plan options, so you can select the best choice for your family. And there’s more...Check out our MemorialCare Benefits for more information about our Benefits and Rewards.
- 2+ years experience as a full time Radiologic Technologist student in CAHEA (JRCERT and AMA) approved School of Radiologic Technology.
- Graduate of CAHEA (JRCERT and AMA) approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Current licensure required for specific area of expertise (CRT, Fluoroscopy, Mammography).
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) certification is required.
Jobs For You
You have not recently viewed any jobs.
You have no saved jobs.
"I love working at Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach because I value working for a company that invests in its employees and the community we serve. From the support and guidance I receive from managers who value my professional and personal growth; to being able to work alongside colleagues who are dedicated to help their patients and families. I feel inspired every day to do the work that I love alongside people who share a similar vision."